"Encourage each other daily, while it is still today." -Hebrews 3:13

Monday, May 16, 2022

A True Story

 


 Sometimes God uses everyday objects to get our attention.  This was one of those times:

For weeks the dark clouds had followed me. You may know the feeling: You have much that you feel grateful for and you also feel yourself being dragged down, emotionally and spiritually. During this time, I seemed to spend a lot of energy trying to pick myself up. I repeatedly asked God to pull me out of this long-lasting slump, and then figured He wanted me to learn something about faith and perseverance. So, I kept praying, hoping He heard me.

Last Monday I was out for my usual walk around the neighborhood with thoughts and prayers swirling in my head. I thanked God for each member of our wonderful family and asked Him to continue to bless them. Then, as I crossed the street, I spotted a lone puzzle piece on the pavement – a single, plain white puzzle piece. “That’s odd,” I thought. “How did that get here? That’s so weird.” I didn’t pick it up because I thought maybe it had fallen out of its box, as strange as that seemed. I looked down at it and said to myself, “Someone’s looking for this missing piece.” Then Shel Silverstein’s book The Missing Piece came to mind and those words, the missing piece, looking for my missing piece, got stuck in my head like an earworm.

That night I woke up in the middle of the night. I eventually made myself stop tossing and turning. Then, in my mind, I handed over to God all the debris in there that was making me restless and contributing to those dark clouds. After a while my mind cleared, my body relaxed, and I slept soundly the rest of the night.

In the morning I tore off the page of my daily calendar, and this is what I saw:


 

“Thank You, Lord. Thank You for reassuring us that You’re with us, You hear us, and You love us. Thank You.”


Thank you for reading my reflection. © 2022 Gina Bedell     Comments are always welcome! Feel free to share it with your friends by clicking on one of the icons below. Thanks!

 p.s.

We continue to pray for an end to the war. If you’d like to help the people of Ukraine through the Cleveland Maidan Association, you may use either PayPal or a credit/debit card here:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember 9/11 and Change

Photo credit:  Free-images.com It’s hard to believe that, before 9/11, there was little security at the airport. Anyone could enter the term...