"Encourage each other daily, while it is still today." -Hebrews 3:13

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Let Christ Join You This Thanksgiving

Photo credit: Free-images.com


I thought I had another week! Somehow that ‘one week between now and Thanksgiving’ is upon us! So, the preparations have begun; for you, too, I presume. If you’re hosting dinner, you’re probably going to spend the next several days cleaning, shopping, decorating, baking, and figuring out how everyone will fit around the dinner table. 


Maybe you feel both excited and anxious when you think about how many people will be gathered. Maybe you also feel a bit tense about one person in particular who tends to be difficult.


Try this: In addition to planning for the usual guests, make room for Christ at your table, too, figuratively speaking. Make room for Christ in your heart, literally speaking. How?


Imagine our Lord saying to you:


I know you mean well. I know the gratitude that’s in your heart for all I have given you. I see that. I see how you want the day to be relaxing and happy, with everyone sharing a day of love together. You want them to know how much you love them, and how much I love them.


Put away your expectations of how the day should go and invite Me in to be present with you. Picture Me standing next to you, and listen to what I whisper in your ear. The loving and insightful thoughts that come to you come from Me. Let Me guide you and your day will contain more love and peace for you than it has in the past. 


I know you’re dreading part of the holiday. I know you have difficulty with that one person. Guess what? She’s having a rough time. It has nothing to do with you. Let Me handle the situation. You were created in Love, in My image, and so was she.


Let My love speak to your heart. Let My love flow from your lips and bring peace to your difficult relationship. This isn’t magic, and years of estrangement won’t evaporate in a day. But I promise you, if you listen to Me and offer My loving words, the tension between you will be lessened. I can’t promise that the other will respond in kind to your attempts. I gave each of you free will. But I do promise that if you offer words of love to the other, you will find more peace in your heart than if you continued as you always have: with fear and dread.


I created both of you in My image. Take a different path – try a different tactic from the usual – and experience My peace.


You are good. So is she.


Invite me in and let me show these truths to you.


“...the image of His own nature He made us.” – Wisdom 2:23


“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.” – Psalm 34:18

“Lord, I invite You to join us when we celebrate Thanksgiving.”


Thank you for reading my reflection. © 2023 Gina Bedell     Comments are always welcome! 

Please share this with your friends by clicking on one of the icons below. Blogspot doesn’t have a ‘subscribe’ feature and so I appreciate your help in sharing my reflections. Thanks!


If you or someone you know would like to receive these writings directly to your inbox, please email me at ginabedell1@gmail.com and I will add you to my ‘BCC’ email list.


You can also find my posts on Facebook!


P.S.

Pray for peace around the world. Donate toward a cause that tugs at your heart. Take care of those around you; take care of our planet. Pray for the families around the globe whose lives have been torn apart by war and natural disasters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember 9/11 and Change

Photo credit:  Free-images.com It’s hard to believe that, before 9/11, there was little security at the airport. Anyone could enter the term...