"Encourage each other daily, while it is still today." -Hebrews 3:13

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

See the Blessings


Photo credit: Free-images.com


Our troubles are real: Flat tires, sick kids, broken appliances, and illness, just to name a few. Even technology, which theoretically makes our lives easier, often causes us stress. Sometimes, our problems seem to pile up until we feel buried in an avalanche of headaches.


How do we respond?


One way is to gripe about our situation to all who will listen. We carry a chip of anger and resentment on our shoulder and we’ll spew our problems onto anyone and everyone we encounter. (I’ve said this before, and it’s worth repeating: This is different from the importance of seeking a trusted friend or a licensed therapist who can listen to our struggles, help us find healthy ways to release our stress, and guide us toward a possible solution.)


Another option is to think back to other challenges we’ve faced in the past and recognize how we managed to get through them. Then, we stop the chaos in our minds, take a deep breath, and ask our Lord to help us carry these new burdens.


Imagine Him saying to you now:


Think back to that one major struggle you had. Think back to how you begged Me to resolve it in a particular way. Over time, you did get My answer to your prayer, even though maybe it wasn’t the answer you had expected. I was with you in all of it.


Think back to other difficulties you’ve had and how you found relief from unlikely sources: An acquaintance knew of a medical team that specialized in your particular illness. A stranger stopped to help you change your tire. A friend called out of the blue to relieve you of your stress for a while. People stepped in to help just when you needed it. You got an idea of how to resolve the computer issue. You found a YouTube video that showed you how to repair the broken appliance instead of buying a new one.  


All of these were My blessings. Maybe you didn’t get the miracle you wanted. Instead, the miracle may be the peace you’ve found even in the midst of the struggle. You asked Me for help, and I gave you My peace.


Trust Me. Trust My wisdom: I ordered the seasons, didn’t I? The seasons change, bringing relief from the burdens of the previous season’s weather. You are precious to Me. I’ve brought relief to you during other trying times; I’ll help you through this one, too.


“Thank You, Lord, for helping me to see Your presence in the midst of my difficulties.”


“The Lord has done marvels for us.” – Psalm 126:3



Thank you for reading my reflection. © 2023 Gina Bedell     Comments are always welcome! 

Please share this with your friends by clicking on one of the icons below. Blogspot doesn’t have a ‘subscribe’ feature and so I appreciate your help in sharing my reflections. Thanks!


If you or someone you know would like to receive these writings directly to your inbox, please email me at ginabedell1@gmail.com and I will add you to my ‘BCC’ email list.


You can also find my posts on Facebook!


P.S.

Pray for peace around the world. Donate toward a cause that tugs at your heart. Take care of those around you; take care of our planet. Pray for the families around the globe whose lives have been torn apart by war and natural disasters.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember 9/11 and Change

Photo credit:  Free-images.com It’s hard to believe that, before 9/11, there was little security at the airport. Anyone could enter the term...