"Encourage each other daily, while it is still today." -Hebrews 3:13

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Let Joy Fill Your Heart This Christmas

Photo credit: Free-images.com


There’s a joke that makes the rounds this time of year: “Yay! It’s December! Oh, wait… I’m a musician.” The weeks leading up to Christmas are busy for us musicians, full of opportunities to share our talents with others at all kinds of events. Performing Christmas music for others and seeing their broad smiles and shining eyes brings us great joy!


“But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.’” – Luke 2:10-11


How do we experience this ‘great joy’ today? Listen to what Christ might be saying to you:


I came to earth to show you what Love looks like. I love you! You are precious to Me! Keep that thought new in your heart; don’t ever let it become ‘old news.’ 


I was born in a dirty, smelly stall. I made that place holy by being present in it. There are parts of your life that are messy and smelly; I know this and still I love you. Let that penetrate your mind and sink down into your heart. Spend time with Me and you’ll see that because I live in you, I want to make you holy – more like Me – even with those smelly areas, just like I made the stable holy by being there. 


Let Me soften your heart and fill it with joy. Let Me help you carry that burden. Let Me show you all your goodness – that flicker of light inside you that is your most loving potential. Allow Me to stoke those glowing embers in your heart and you’ll experience My joy and peace like never before.


Share what you have – your possessions, your talents, your time, your very self – and you will see that giving away what you have, what is most precious to you, makes room in your heart for more of My love. Every time you share your gifts with the people around you, you bless them and you become more like Me. Do this, and you will experience joy no matter what circumstances you’re facing.


Christ is with us, now, 2,000 years after the angels announced His birth. Let’s remember that every time we give of ourselves to others, even with music, we become more like Him. 


That, indeed, is something to be joyful about.


“Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth… May the sea roar and all it contains, the world and those who dwell in it. May the rivers clap their hands, may the mountains sing together for joy.” – Psalm 98:4, 7-8


“Lord, let me celebrate with joy that You are with me, this Christmas and always.”



Thank you for reading my reflection. © 2023 Gina Bedell     Comments are always welcome! 

Please share this with your friends. Blogspot doesn’t have a ‘subscribe’ feature and so I appreciate your help in sharing my reflections. Thanks!


If you or someone you know would like to receive these writings directly to your inbox, please email me at ginabedell1@gmail.com and I will add you to my ‘BCC’ email list.


You can also find my posts on Facebook!


P.S.

Pray for peace in Ukraine, in the Middle East, and around the world. Donate toward a cause that tugs at your heart. Take care of those around you; take care of our planet. Pray for the families around the globe whose lives have been torn apart by war and natural disasters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember 9/11 and Change

Photo credit:  Free-images.com It’s hard to believe that, before 9/11, there was little security at the airport. Anyone could enter the term...