"Encourage each other daily, while it is still today." -Hebrews 3:13

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Encouraging Words of St. Teresa of Calcutta


Photo credit: Free-images.com

Saint Teresa of Calcutta’s words assure us that God uses all of us for His work:  

“Sanctity is not a luxury for the few. It is a simple duty for you and me. I have to be a saint in my way and you in yours.” 

“Start by making your own home a place where peace, happiness, and love abound.” 

“Even if you just sit and listen to someone… or bring a flower to somebody… God sees everything as great. There are many people who can do big things. But there are very few people who will do the small things.”

“What we are doing in the slums, maybe you cannot do. What you are doing… in your family life, in your college life, in your work, we cannot do. But together you and we are doing something beautiful for God.” 

“To the cast of a musical performance in Calcutta I said, ‘Your work and our work  complete each other…. You are giving them joy by your action and we are doing the same by service…. You are filling the world with the love God has given you.’”  

“A rich man came to me and said he wanted to give up something in his life. I suggested, ‘When you go to the store to buy a new suit or some clothes, instead of buying the best, buy one that is a little less expensive and use that extra money to buy something for someone else, or better still for the poor.’ He looked really amazed and exclaimed, ‘Oh! Is that the way, Mother? I never thought of it.’ When he left, he looked so happy and full of joy at the thought of helping others.”


“Pray at home for only five minutes. Prayer is simply talking to God. He speaks to us, we listen. We speak to Him, He listens.” 

“You can pray while you work. Work doesn’t stop prayer and prayer doesn’t stop work. It requires only that small raising of the mind to Him: ‘I love you, God. I trust you. I believe in you. I need you now.’ Small things like that. They are wonderful prayers.” 

“What kept me going during so many years? Jesus. We do it for Jesus. I take Jesus at His word and He never lets me down. He said, ‘Ask and you will receive.’ So I ask. If it is for His glory He will grant it; if not, let us forget about it. God knows what is good for us.” 

“I do not think I have any special qualities. I don’t claim anything for the work. It is His work. I am like a little pencil in God's hand; that is all. He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. The pencil has only to be allowed to be used.” 


“Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in My hand.” – Jeremiah 18:6

“Lord, mold me for Your work.”


Thank you for reading my reflection. © 2024 Gina Bedell     Comments are always welcome! 


Please share this with your friends by clicking on one of the icons below. Blogspot doesn’t have a ‘subscribe’ feature and so I appreciate your help in sharing my reflections. Thanks!


If you or someone you know would like to receive these writings directly, please email me at ginabedell1@gmail.com and I will add you to my ‘BCC’ email list.


You can also find my posts on Facebook!


P.S.

Pray for peace at home, in Ukraine, Russia, the Middle East, and around the world. Donate toward a cause that tugs at your heart. Take care of those around you; take care of our planet. Pray for the families around the globe whose lives have been torn apart by war and natural disasters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember 9/11 and Change

Photo credit:  Free-images.com It’s hard to believe that, before 9/11, there was little security at the airport. Anyone could enter the term...